Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chapter One

Eighteen Years Later 


A Young man with reddish hair with blond highlights stood mourning in the cemetery.
"Mom, Dad you would have been so proud. I just graduated. I wasn't Valedictorian, no surprise in that but I wasn't the worst student either. I wanted you to know that I'm going to follow my dream of being a 5 star chef. I can't afford to go to cooking school but with mom's recipes and what she taught me I'm going to make it happen. I just wanted you to know, I'm going to be fine"


"Just as soon as I have enough money, I'm moving to Aura Skies. One of Dad's old military buddies offered me a position in his restaurant. I'm going to take him up on his offer. So I won't be able to come here and visit with you once I move. But I'll always love and miss you."

Wiping tears from his eyes and heaving a sigh, William turned and slowly walked from the cemetery.



8 comments:

  1. Oh sadness, too bad William's parents are dead. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could have helped and encouraged him as he worked towards becoming a chef. But he's going to make despite any obstacles.

      Delete
  2. Just letting you know that I have started reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sad! I'm rooting for you, William!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Poor William. So sad, but it was sweet him visiting the cemetery like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His visit to the cemetery closes this chapter on his life and helps him make the decision to move. There will come a time when he could have used the support of his parents; especially his mother as she died before she could tell him about the aliens.
      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete