Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chapter Four

The Time Traveler
 


While he sat on his bed with his mind in a jumbled mess, the ground started to shake. Now what?" William asked himself. "An earthquake? Great just what I need!" He ran outside to avoid the walls falling in on him. However once he got outside the ground stopped shaking, then he saw a strange man with blue hair standing by a weird contraption in the yard. William was about to run back inside and lock the doors, when the man with the blue hair saw him.

"Hi I'm Emit Revelart. I'm from the future" he extended his hand towards William. However William backed up a step or two and said "Ah do you mind just staying where you're at. I don't know you."

"No problem" Emit replied looking into a device. He glanced back at William "Oh I understand, you were just abducted by aliens. The William I knew was usually quite friendly. Don't worry, everything's going to be ok."

"Whoa, how did you know that?" William asked momentarily more curious than frightened.

"I told you, I'm from the future" Emit replied as if that explained everything. "I have a time almanac that chronicles everything that happens in the past to make the future what it is today."

 
"Yeah ok, if you say so. But why are you here? I'm really nothing special." William was beginning to wonder if he was trapped in very bizarre dream. He hoped he would wake up soon.
"I wanted to meet you and ..."
"And ... and what?" William started to panic. Thinking that Emit was going to kidnap him and force him into that weird contraption in his yard.
"Whoa calm down! I was just going to ask you for help in locating some power cells. I experienced some turbulence in the time stream and they fell off. Do you think you could help me find them?"
Laughing at himself and his near panic, William agreed to help. They successfully found all the power cells. As Emit was getting ready to leave, he told William that he was going to leave a time portal behind.
"Hey if you ever need someone to talk to, just activate the portal and come to the future. You're always welcome. Seriously though, things are going to be alright. You're about to meet someone from your past and you'll ..." Then Emit disappeared and William couldn't make out what he said at the end.
William wondered what he meant, someone from his past? He wondered who that could be. He really hoped that Emit was right that everything was going to be alright and that there wasn't anything awful going on inside him. He wished he had asked Emit about the aliens. Would Emit know what they did to him? He was almost tempted to follow Emit, but he wasn't ready for more "adventures". He was barely able to function as it was. He just wanted to get his life back to normal, whatever that was.


6 comments:

  1. Poor William, I don't think he can go back to normal, unless the aliens fix him back to the way he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there is no going back to normal. Although he will have moments where things appear to be normal.

      Delete
  2. I love the future. I'm glad Emit is welcoming in this story, its a nice contrast from my pushy one lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Emit is nice but after everything that William just experienced makes him a bit distrustful. Your pushy Emit makes a nice contrast LOL.

      Delete
  3. Who is the person from his past. . .Interesting. :)

    I really need to play with the Into the Future expansion. It looks like so much fun in your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to wait and see.

      The Into the Future XP is one of my favorites but I don't use it so much in this story as the other one. I think William goes into the future once with the person from his past.

      Delete