Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chapter Five

Boy Meets Girl
 
 
As the days passed since his abduction and nothing unusual happened, William began to believe that nothing would. Life as far as he was concerned was back to normal. He started to grow a little garden to have better ingredients for his recipes.

One day as he was going to work he thought he saw his high school sweetheart, Jessica Wade. Maybe this was the person from his past that Emit eluded to when he left. He knew he had to see her again, but how? He didn't know where she lived or even if she lived in Aura Skies. She could just be visiting, maybe she was looking for him. He knew he had to see her again and see if they could rekindle their feelings for each other.

The next day as he went to work, he searched the street for signs of her. There she was, the most amazing, beautiful girl he had ever known. He made a mental note of the house she just came out of, so that he could find her again. He hoped she lived here or was visiting for a while so that he could see her again. All during the night at work he kept rehearsing what he wanted to do and say when he saw her. Promising himself that he wasn't going to chicken out. He was going to approach her, make the first move. He knew he could do it, after all she wasn't a stranger, even though they hadn't seen each other since they graduated from high school and went their separate ways. He had always known that she was the only one for him, he could only hope she felt the same.

William got up early the next morning and put extra effort into looking presentable before he went to her house. As he left his stomach was churning and felt like it was doing flip flops but he was determined to conquer his nerves. He was going to do this. All the way to her house he kept rehearsing what he was going to say but once he got there his mind went completely blank. He just stood outside her house unable to muster the courage to knock on the door. He was about to retreat when the door opened.

 
"Hey William are you going to stand out here all day or would you like to come in." Jessica said with a laugh that immediately put William at ease. She sounded just like he remembered from high school.

"Well now that you offer, I'd be glad too. I saw you in town and I wanted to come over and welcome you to the neighborhood."

"Aren't you sweet? Just the way I remember you. How have you been? I heard you moved to Aura Skies and I had hoped to see you again but with moving and all I just hadn't had the time."

"Well Joe, my father's friend offered me a position at his resturant and I'm on my way to being a world class chef. It's been hard living so far away from everyone I know but I'm slowly making friends here." William hesitated telling her about his alien abduction or the time travelers visit. He didn't want her to think he was crazy or anything. Maybe later he would but now was the right time.
 
"Oh that's wonderful. I know how much you wanted to become a chef and I was worried that with your parents passing that you wouldn't be able to pursue it. How have you been coping? I so wanted to be there for you but."

"That's ok, I understand you were away visiting your parents before you went off to college. I'm doing ok. There's been times where I could have used someone to talk to but, you know you do what you have to do and things work out." William shrugged not wanting to get too emotional.

"I know how you feel. My parents were always traveling and never around when I needed them the most. I always envied your relationship with your parents. They always seemed perfect. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed someone."

"Hey your here now and I could always use someone to talk to or, er well, you know." William stammered on not knowing how to say what he wanted.

 
Jessica smiled and leaned in and kissed him. After that, words were unnecessary and they spent the afternoon making out.

Sighing a little, Jessica turned to William and said "You must have a some strange animal magnetism about you as I never move this fast."

William paused for a second wondering if this could be an after affect from his abduction. But he mentally shrugged it off, he wanted to believe that is was just an expression of their true feelings for each other after being apart for so long. He grinned and said "Well if I do have some strange magnetism, then you'll come and live with me."

Jessica paused for a moment to think about his suggestion. She had been feeling lonely since she left college. College was her parents idea and she never fit in. What she had always wanted she couldn't find in college. She wanted a family, a husband that come home every night to her and the kids. So she quit college against her parents wishes and went to Aura Skies, where she hoped she would find William and rekindle the feelings they had when they were dating in high school. She grinned mischievously and said "What would you do if I said yes?"

William could hardly believe his ears. "Did you just say yes?"

With a goofy grin on his face, William felt like the luckiest and happiest man on earth. So they spent the rest of the evening moving Jessica into his house.

 



6 comments:

  1. Yay he found his friend again! Haha, aww and now she's moving in, how sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best thing that could have happened to William.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope its not the alien abduction making him so irresistible to Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR - I think it's more like a rekindling of feelings they had when they were high school sweethearts. Jessica's the person from his past that Emit said he would meet again.

      Delete
  4. Yay! The person from his past was a good thing!

    Haha! He wasn't expecting her to agree to move in with him. I think I like Jessica. She seems nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the person from his past was his high school sweetheart. Jessica moved to Aurora Skies with the hope of finding William again. We'll have to see if your opinion of Jessica remains the same throughout the story.

      Delete