Wednesday, July 29, 2015

3.9 Robbie - What Should Have Been

Author's Note: This is Robert Olivia's story of what should have been before Jennifer manipulated things. Miranda Diamond was made by legendofsim for my story. Let's hope that the time line can be corrected so that these two lovely sims can spend a lifetime together. Thank you legendofsim for allowing to have Miranda in my story.


Walking into the club Robbie walked up to the bar and ordered a drink. After the week he had he needed to unwind. Taking the drink he sat at the far end of the bar nursing it, wanting nothing more then to be left alone. He had so many questions about what he and Jennifer were doing. He didn't feel right about it, there was always that lingering feeling that what they were doing was wrong. He wanted to stop but how was he going to tell that to Jennifer without her losing it?

"I'm not watching this," Jennifer said looking up guilt written all over her face as she recognized the bar and the girl who had just walked in.

Smirking a little Chase hoped he had chosen the right one this time that would alter her belief in herself and what she was doing. "What's the matter? Guilty conscious?" he asked.

"No of course not," she shook her head "why would I have a guilty conscious?"

"Oh maybe because you should and you know it," Chase told her smirking in satisfaction as she turned stricken eyes up at him.


"He shouldn't have quit on me,"she crossed her arms glancing away unable to hold Chase's gaze. "I don't want to see this one. Show me someone else."

"Why?" Chase asked watching her squirm under his scrutiny "could it be because the other changes were done in ignorance and the changes here were made on purpose? You knew what you were doing and you did it anyway." Leaning close to her he whispered harshly "what's the matter not proud of what you've done?"

"I was angry," she shouted at him "he shouldn't have left me. He was all I had and he dumped me....for her...." Pointing towards the beautiful blond "that that beauty queen."

"Have a seat girlie it's going to be a long afternoon," Chase told her without mercy.

***

Walking into the bar Miranda looked around wondering where everyone was. She was sure this was the right bar but if it was then where was everyone? Sighing she had a feeling she had been a victim of one of their cruel jokes. Determined to make the most of it she went and ordered a drink. The bartender looked her up and down sneering. Her skin crawled as he eyed her. She moved down the bar looking for someone she could attach herself to so that the bartender wouldn't bother her. Seeing the lone male at the end of the bar she approached him asking "is this seat taken?"


Shaking his head Rob went back to staring into his drink oblivious of the pretty girl beside him. 
"Excuse me," her voice cut into his thoughts "what exactly are you?" she asked curious.

Sitting up Robbie looked at the girl "what do you mean, what am I? I'm a person. What does it look like to you?" He moved to get up not in the mood to be accosted about his alien heritage.

"I'm sorry," she began looking down "I didn't mean to be rude. It's just ... I've never met anyone who was green before."

"No I'm sorry," Rob said a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I've had a bad day and I guess I expected you to be like everyone else..."

Cocking her head to the side "I'm not sure I understand. Do people treat you differently because of how you look?"


Snorting Robbie said "it's more than that. They're afraid of what I am. I'm part alien. My mother was the first alien/human hybrid ever born."

Her eyes grew large "oh, oh, I could see how that could be a problem." She looked around the room seeing how everyone was watching them. Kind of like they expected this mild mannered man would suddenly pounce on her. Licking her lips she tried to appear nonchalant. 

Looking down at the drink in  his hand Rob said "if you want to move, I won't mind."

Something in his manner tugged at her heartstrings "don't be ridiculous," she said speaking loudly. She smiled as everyone perked up around them. She was here to have a some fun. Even though this young green alien wasn't who she would normally be attracted to he was charming in his own way. 
After all beauty was in the eye of the beholder and maybe there was something to that. Smiling she stuck her hand out "I'm Miranda."

Smiling in turn Rob took her hand "I'm Robbie. It's nice to meet you."


"Would you like to dance?" she asked ignoring her phone.

"Yes," Rob told her grinning "but wouldn't you rather answer your phone?"

Shaking her head "not really. It's just one of my loser friends who are curious to know what I'm doing at the bar they sent me to as a joke. I for one am going to have some fun. Want to join me?"

"I like your attitude," Rob told her as he let her lead him to the dance floor.

A few minutes later Miranda shouted over the loud music, her long blond hair framing her beautiful face. Her eyes sparkling in the dim light of the strobe lights on the dance floor. "You're a really good dancer."



"Thank you I was just thinking the same thing."

"That you're a good dancer," she smiled up at him "isn't that a little conceited of you?"

"No...I meant that you're a good dancer," laughing at himself. It felt good to lighten up little, to enjoy the company of a young beautiful woman; especially one who wasn't related to him.

Before they knew it they had danced the night away and it was closing time. It was the moment of truth and Rob had no illusions that he had been used for the night for his entertainment value and that he would not see this girl again. He smiled at her saying goodnight and began to walk away.

Miranda stood still watching him walk away. Biting her lip she knew she wanted to see her little alien again despite what her friends and family might think. Running to catch up to him she called out 
"Robbie wait." The look of surprise on his face let her know that he hadn't expected anything to come of the night. It was a nice change from the guys she normally went out with. "I had fun tonight, didn't you?" she asked.


"I did" he nodded smiling and his alien eyes sparkled in the moon light.

"Good," she nibbled on her lip "I ....I'd like to do this again."

"You would?" a grin spread across his face giving him a boyish charm despite his alien features. "But I thought..."

"That I wouldn't want to go out with an alien?" she giggled at herself and him "yesterday you would have been right. Today it couldn't be further from the truth. I find you fascinating and I want to get to know you."

Unsure of himself, of the situation Rob found he could only nod in agreement. He had never met anyone like her before. She was all beauty and light and he was the beast. Something to be feared, misunderstood and distrusted. Her voice broke into his thoughts "well my little alien how about dinner at my place tomorrow night?"


"Sure dinner tomorrow I'd like that," he smiled as she giggled up at him. He found her giggle to be the most pleasing musical note to his ears. 

"Well goodnight then," she said standing on tip toes to kiss his cheek before walking away towards her car. Watching her go Rob put a hand to his cheek where her lips still tingled upon his skin. He waved when she turned waving at him before driving away.

***

"That girl ruined everything," Jennifer scowled at Rob's love struck face "if she hand only read her friends text then none of this would have happened."

"Is that why you went back and made sure they never met?" Chase asked his words laced with anger.

"Who said I did anything?" she retorted crossing her arms.


"You and I both know your guilty," Chase told her not giving her an inch or a benefit of a doubt. "It didn't exactly work the way you thought it would, did it?"

Leaning back closing her eyes trying to block out the scene before her. The happiness upon Robbie's face made her feel guilty. Knowing the pain she had caused she wondered whether it was worth it. It was wasn't? Deep down she knew what she did to Robbie was done out of spite and nothing more. Did she regret it? Not really. It almost scared her to realize she was satisfied with what she had done. What did that make her? Opening her eyes refusing to look at the man sitting beside her afraid he would see the monster she had become. She repeated "I don't want to see this."

"You don't have a choice" he told her his voice devoid of warmth.

***

Getting out of the taxi Rob looked up at the sky rise Miranda live in. Whistling to himself "rich and beautiful," he mumbled as he pressed the intercom to be allowed access to the grounds. He was used to a certain amount of notoriety because of who he was related to. His dad was a decorated police officer, his mom a famous scientist, his grandfather a famous five star chef, Uncle Robert had been a best selling author, Uncle Gene was a well known celebrity and his cousin Alex was well on his way to becoming a rock star. He couldn't go anywhere without being recognized with that type of connections. The stares he received weren't only from his alien features like he led Miranda to believe. Her voice coming through the intercom made him jump as he was buzzed in. Entering the elevator he marveled at the money it took to live in a plush place like this. Before he had a chance to knock she was opening the door wide for him.

"Oh good you're here" she smiled at him her white teeth gleaming in the bright light of the hallway.


"Perfect timing," he said leaning down to kiss her cheek in greeting.

"Impeccable" she grinned "it comes in handy being a beauty queen. You always have to know where you need to be on stage and when you need to be there; otherwise you throw everyone and everything off. It could be the difference between getting the crown or not."

Laughing despite his best efforts not to he asked "how long have  you been doing beauty contests."

Shrugging "ever since I can remember," she walked into the kitchen to check on the meal she had on the stove "my mom entered me into a most beautiful baby contest when a I was a few months old and I've been in them ever since."

Looking at her curiosity evident in the slant of his head as he asked "don't you ever get tired of being judged based upon how you look?"


"It's not only looks. I have to have talent too." She glanced up and smiled at him "if I was just another pretty face without any talent or intelligence I wouldn't have made it this far." Putting the meal on the table "I've won a lot of trophies and crowns as well as scholarships and money doing this," she said with pride and satisfaction.

"I suppose you have a room dedicated to all your trophies and crowns you've won," Robbie asked as he took a bite of the meal she had prepared for him. Coughing from the charred burnt taste and the overwhelming spice that set his mouth on fire. Grabbing the glass of water he gulped it down trying to quench the flames.

Seeming not to notice how her food affected him she asked "would you like to see it?" Watching him closely to see his reaction. Most of her dates had thought she was either joking or was coming on to them.

Putting the glass down "I'd love too," he said with more excitement than he felt. He was willing to do anything if it meant he wouldn't have to finish whatever concoction was still on his plate. 

Grabbing his hand she led him to the trophy room "close your eyes" she instructed. Opening the door she led him into the room "open them."


Blinking Rob looked around him. At all the glitz and glamour of various sized crowns and trophies that covered every surface. Smiling in genuine delight he asked "how many crowns do you have?"

Shrugging "I don't know. I've lost count to be honest."

"This is fantastic," he laughed "it's like being locked inside a treasure chest..."

"You really like it?" she asked. She had never had anyone react this way to her trophy room. He was like a little kid in his open admiration and wonder of her pride and joy. She found it endearing.

"Why wouldn't I like it?" he asked confused.


Shrugging "I don't know. It's not the reaction I usually get. Most of the time I can tell the guy is calculating in his head how much everything is worth or I get some lame pickup line along the lines of want to add one more trophy to the room?" Shaking her head "but never have I had anyone see it from a child's perspective before."

"Then you've never really had anyone see it for real, then have you?" Robbie walked up close to her before continuing "to appreciate it you need to see the wonder of it. It's absolutely beautiful."

Turning to him she pulled him close "you're an absolute treasure. Do you know that?"

"Of course my mom tells me that all the time," he grinned at her.

"Oh you think your hot stuff don't you?" she grinned up at him. She found being in his company both relaxing and exhilarating.


"What if I do?" he asked staring into her eyes as their faces drew closer together.

"I just might have to add you to my trophy room," she mumbled as she took control and kissed his lips. As they kissed she felt her body flush with a heat she had never felt before from head to toes until she felt him pull away. 

He took a step back straightening his shirt where her hands had pulled it up. "Um uh" he stammered running his fingers through his blond hair "I think I should go." With shaky hands he tucked his shirt in as he opened the door her voice stalled him.

"I'm sorry," she said "I don't know what came over me."

Compassion for the beautiful girl standing behind him had Rob turning towards her "Miranda I'm more than a trophy you can hang on the wall or add to the memory of this room. I deserve...no you deserve more than that."


She felt her face flush hot as she hung her head afraid to look up and see disapproval in his dark expressive eyes. She had done to him what so many had tried to do to her. She looked up when she heard the door close. Hurrying towards the door she chased after him, calling his name. Hoping he would be waiting for her in the kitchen finding it empty she could have cried in disappointment.

Walking from the apartment Robbie wondered how many time she had taken her dates into her trophy room. The whole evening left a bad taste in his mouth. He truly felt she was selling herself short if she thought a man would only be interested in her just because she had a pretty face. 

***

The silence of the room was thick enough to cut until Chase turned to look at Jennifer "you could have manipulated this misunderstanding to your advantage."

Shaking her head "not it's you who doesn't understand. It's impossible for the men in my family to not get involved. That right there is why Robbie would go back to her. She's a girl who needs help. It's impossible for a Bennett man to walk away from that. I had to keep him from meeting her."

Staring at her in silence Chase found his voice "so your blaming genetics for your bad choices. You had to do what you did because Robbie was programmed to help this girl."


"Yes," she said "nothing else would have kept them apart."

Shaking his had thinking to himself that this whole process was a lost cause. He no longer had the stomach to watch anymore suffering. Sighing he started up the next scene with a sinking feeling that despite his best efforts his dad was going to have to step in and stop her.

***

"Robbie," Miranda said looking up at him "will all your kids be aliens?"

"I don't know," he shrugged "I guess I never thought about it. It's a possibility but I'm not a full alien so there might be a chance that my kids could be human too." Looking at her in concern "why the sudden interest?"

Biting her lip she murmured "I'm pregnant...."


"You're what?" he asked sure he had heard wrong.

"I'm pregnant," she repeated laughing at him "so my question isn't mere curiosity."

"If she's an alien I'm afraid she won't win many beauty contests" Rob looked at her in concern knowing how much Miranda belonged in that world. He still found it hard to believe she had left it to be with him.

Snuggling into him "I know what you're thinking..."

Kissing her Rob smiled into her eyes "what am I thinking?"


"About that night I showed you my trophy room. The night I tried to collect you," leaning her head back to look into his dark gentle eyes "you don't know how sorry I was for doing that. How many guys who had tried to do that to me. I was disgusted with myself. I kept hearing your words telling me I deserved better. No one ever told me that before. I always believed looking good and having admirers was what my life should be about. Don't get me wrong I liked those things but I came to realize that there was only one admirer I wanted...you."

"I'm flattered," he said rolling off the couch with her in his arms.

"You should be. I gave up all my glitz and glamorous lifestyle to be with you." A hurt vulnerable look came into her light blue eyes "my mother doesn't understand. She lost her living doll. Dad I think understands. He told me it was about time I left my gilded cage."

"He wants you to be happy," Robbie told her leaning down and nibbled on her lip "your mom misses all the attention..."

"Tell me about it. She'll cry for weeks when I tell her I'm pregnant." At Rob's frown she elaborated 
"mother will lament the loss of my perfect figure, the appearance of stretch marks which will be the doom of me ever being a beauty queen again."


"Surely she realizes those days were numbered anyway. You couldn't go on indefinitely," Rob said propping himself up on one arm to look at her.

"I'm sure she was thinking by the time I was too old for the Miss Simerica contest there would be Miss Simverse which you can join until your 27. Then I'd be able to get married but before kids I'd be eligible for Mrs Simerica until I was 33. Once that was all over then I could pop out a kid and start the process all over again with the baby." she explained her mothers plans for her. "So you see I've disappointed her and messed up all her plans."

"What about your plans? Your goals?" Rob asked.

Shrugging "I wasn't allowed to have my own plans or goals. Which is why all of this is so hard for 
her...."

"I can imagine she hates me...."


"Only about as much as your cousin hates me," Miranda told him rolling over on the floor to look at him better. "At least my mom will be somewhat appeased if I pop out a gorgeous baby she can enter into beauty contests...."

"Hey don't I get a say in this?" Rob asked only to be poked in the stomach. "I'll take that as a no."

"This is the only peace offering I have to give her. Don't take it away from me." Miranda said sitting up.

"What if the baby is an alien like me?" Rob asked.

"Then it will be the first alien beauty queen in history," Miranda smiled "besides with our combined genetics our baby is going to be beautiful not matter what."


"What if it's a boy?" Rob continued.

"Let's hope that doesn't happen. My mother will think the universe is out to get her or something." Miranda laughed as Rob grabbed her pinning her to the floor to kiss  her.

***

"Even they knew you hated her," Chase commented as the scene froze on their happy faces "and that was before Rob told you he wasn't going to time travel with you anymore."

"It was just a matter of time before he wanted to quit. I could tell he was serious about her," She turned away from the images before her preferring to look into the accusatory blue eyes of Chase. 
"He was becoming concerned about the efforts of changing the time line. He became obsessed with how one little change could effect so much. He wouldn't stop...."

"So you thought you'd maneuver things so that he'd never meet Miranda? Did you think that would eliminate his concerns?" Chase asked appalled by what she had done.


"Would it make it easier for you if that was the reason?" she glared at him "but that wasn't the reason. Robbie was my friend, my cousin, what right did she have for coming in between us? Making him quit, making him want things like settling down, starting a family. He was supposed to travel with me not be with her."

Mouth falling open. Her reasons were so simple and yet so frightening. Had time travel back to the same point in time, observing her dad's murder warped her mind beyond repair? "You're telling me you did all of this because you were jealous. Jealous because he fell in love. Jealous because he had a conscious and wanted to stop. Did you think that keeping Miranda from meeting him would keep Robbie with you?" He felt her glare as it raked him with coals. There was nothing he could do. No way to save her. She was too far gone already.






6 comments:

  1. I love Robbie and Miranda together! They are adorable! And Jenny really needs to get her brains out of her rump! Seriously, even Chase, after all the messes he made is now desperate about her. Wow, how did she go from the sweet little girl to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR they're perfect for each other. In the next chapter we will see exactly what Jennifer did to prevent these two from meeting. Jennifer is obsessed with changing the future. The more times she goes back and watches her dad die the more obsessed she becomes. Couple that with her stubborn nature it's hard for her to change. Chase really wanted to help her but he's beginning to feel it's a lost cause. He still has a few more things to show her. We'll see if any of it will reach her or if Emit really has to step in and detain her.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. You have a way with making me hate Jennifer. How could she break uo such a happy couple because of her jealousy? :( Poor Robbie! I want everything to go back to the way it's supposed to have been. Honestly, I'm not opposed to Emit stepping in and stopping Jennifer. I think it's the only way she'll learn. She's causing too much trouble and time is not something you could toil with and get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! :( But you know how sometimes the story has a way of taking control of our characters and they just write themselves I kind of feel that way about Jennifer. I wanted her to be the heir but now I'm glad she's not because I doubt I could have portrayed her this way. She would have been someone totally different. The next chapter you'll see exactly what Jennifer did and everything she did to Robbie was intentional. I feel really bad for him because he and Miranda were getting along really well together. The pictures of them in the bar were of their first date. I was on the fence about having Emit step in or have her fall in love with Chase but the more I write of about what she's done I'm thinking only Emit can stop her. Just as long as she doesn't join forces with the master of time manipulation Mason we'll all be fine. LOL I know how each of the time lines can be salvaged once Jen is stopped.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ummm... okay, so Jennifer's only reason for time traveling, wasn't because she wanted to bring Robert back? It was because she wanted to do that in addition to making Robbie stay with her? She's become Patricia, wanting what she wants when she wants it, on her terms, and if she can't have it, then no one can have what they want. That's just... wow. Curious to see what happens to Robbie and Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bringing her dad back is her main goal. Keeping Robbie from meeting Miranda was a bit of spite fueled by jealousy. The idea came to her when they had gone to the future to talk to Emit. Robbie told her then he wasn't going to help her anymore in her quest. He told her about the baby and she purposely made sure they wouldn't meet. She is definitely showing what she inherited from her mom. Her story would have been totally different if she had won the heir vote but in a way I'm enjoying this version more We'll see how it all works out. I haven't decided on her final outcome yet. I'm thinking a total reversal of her attitude wouldn't be realistic not after she's done so much. So Emit may be stepping in.....
      We'll learn more about Robbie and Miranda next chapter.
      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete