Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Liebster Award

I'm excited that my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by legendofsim (aka thepartysim), author of A Graying World.   Thank you for the nomination, I really appreciate it. This was an awesome surprise to come home to.

liebster-award-300-px

Here are the official rules:

  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
  3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
  4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

There are so many awesome blogs out there and so many that I read have already been nominated. But because I like them and think the authors are superb writers I may renominate my favorites.

1) legendofsim (aka thepartysim) A Graying World, How to be a Star, Color My World BC, Sim Star Idol and Escape Pennbrook Estate If your looking for something new and interesting to read any or all of them I would highly recommend. I can't choose just one they are all well written and two of the characters from Sim Star Idol have made appearances in my stories. These are by far my favorite stories and impossible to choose just one.

2) Sandybeachgirl Listening to my Heart  and A Ray of Sunshine Both of these stories are full of heart and the characters come to life and you cry and laugh with the characters.

3) It'sJulie Through Color Blind Eyes A rainbow legacy following the lives of the Orchid family. 

4) Blythelyre The Torres Legacy  This story captures not only your imagination but your heart as well. Once you start reading you can't stop because you just have to know what happens next.

5) Lckygrl1975 Painswater Point  if you like vampires this is an awesome story to read. 

6) Rose Colourcaste a dystopian story about Winter fighting to survive against great odds and finding that one person she can rely on. Monroe Legacy is another great story that I hope Rose continues in the future.


Questions from legendofsim (aka thepartysim

1. Sims has a lot of quirky things that aren’t possible in real life. If you could choose one thing (for example, traveling to the future) what would you choose? I think traveling to the future or even into the past. Time travel has always be fascinating to me and if the Van Winkles are any example time travel could be risky lol

2. Name one NPC in any town that you’d like to be best friends with, and explain why. I hardly ever play with the NPC's and the only ones I have are from Bridgeport. Let's see Vladimir Schlick because he seems to be a pretty cool vampire although I'm not sure he'd make a very good best friend. 

3. Legacy/isbi/plotted story etc….what is your favorite sims challenge and why? Kind of a combination of legacy and plotted story. The Van Winkles started off as a legacy based upon rules that I conveniently forgot about as the story took over. I found out I'm not good with following rules. Not So Ordinary Life was supposed to be a legacy with rules too but when the founder kept getting abducted by aliens my imagination took over and the story was born.

4. If you could be a berry sim, would you? (Colorful sims with food names) I think it would be cool to be a berry sim but I don't know if I'd want to be the only one though. Maybe just the colorful hair, I had purple hair once, so that's probably as close as I'll every come.

5. Quick, you’re trapped in an elevator with five sims from your last chapter. Who are they and what would most likely happen? From the last chapter I wrote had William, Gene, a doctor and a psychologist in it. There weren't any other characters so I'll have to go with the just those four. Unless we can count the phone call to Aimee. But I think it would be everyone ganging up on Gene to keep him calm because he'd be the one wanting to climb out of the elevator into the elevator shaft to get help.  Everyone else would be trying to convince him that it wouldn't be safe.

6. Is writing only a hobby of yours or do you plan on making a career out of it? I've been writing since I was a little kid and anyone who would ask me what I was going to be when I grew up I would say a writer. So it would be great if someday I was able to make a career out of it.

7. More sims questions because I think its fun. If you could MARRY any of your sims, who would it be and why? Gene hands down. I have a soft spot for him and out of all my characters there are certain aspects of his personality I molded after someone I liked a lot but wasn't as strong as Gene was to overcome his demons.

8. Why do you write? I write because I enjoy it also because I have so many stories running around my head that need to get out.

9. Your favorite thing about the simming/writing community (Let’s spread some positivity)? The wonderful people who are willing to read and share their comments. I really enjoy it when someone takes the time to comment on my blogs. 

10. How would you feel if you found out you were a video game character and someone was controlling and documenting your life? (If you put it like that…LOL) Hmm I would say it's about time they gave me a love interest to spice up my life lol.

11. Finally, any upcoming spoilers you want to share in your story? 
The Van Winkles - Beverly goes looking for Adam because he's afraid to go home now that he's a vampire. Will she be able to convince him that she trusts him not to hurt her or the kids? Will they finally get married? Also Dana shows up and will Heath be able to stand up to obsessive/possessive nature? Will Heath run away to Midnight Hollow to be free from Dana? The answers to those questions will be coming up in the next few chapters.
Not So Ordinary Life - Who did Patricia shoot and did they survive? Only one chapter before the heir vote. Will this generation end with tragedy? You'll have to read it to find out. The chapter should be out sometime this week.
Not So Reckless Life (side story to NSOL) Gene has surgery on his ankle, will he walk again? Will Aimee be there to help him recover from the nightmare of being abducted by a crazy stalker. 

My questions (I know many of you have been nominated already so answer if you want).

1) Where do you get inspiration for your stories?
2) Do you use the sims as a basis for your stories or do you use it to illustrate the story?
3) Do you ever base your characters off of real people you know?
4) Do you plot out your stories from start to finish? or are you a seat of the pants writer? Writing what comes to mind without any plot?
5) What is your favorite character you have ever written?
6) Which sims game do you like best? 1,2,3 or 4?
7) Do you have a favorite town you like to use for your stories?
8) Which POV do you prefer to write in?
9) Do you write out character profiles? If you do, do you do it before or after you've started writing for that character?
10) Where do you come up with the names you use for your characters?
11) Do you have a set schedule to write?

Thank you again for the nomination.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    (ღˇ◡ˇ)♥(ˇ∗ˇღ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I hope you've enjoyed your week too!
      I checked out your blog and did follow it.

      Delete
  2. *Gasp and scrolls up* Did you say my stories are by far your favorites? ? TT_TT Tears of absolute joy. Thank you so much! The feeling is of course mutual. The Vanwinkles and Bennett's are the only families that I make sure not to miss any chapter updates! *gives virtual hug* You rock! Your answers to my questions are fun too lol. I'm not shocked you'd choose Gene to marry. I think from your stories I'd choose Gene too, and Robert as a close second xD I'd pick Ethan from mine if he wasn't gay *sigh* The struggle lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw the nomination is well deserved!

      Delete
    2. I love your stories and each of them has something different to offer. I look forward to your updates even if I dread the outcome (Escape Pennbrook Estate) *returns virtual hug* Gene and Robert are by far my favorites in my stories. I almost dread releasing the next chapter. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I loved Ethan too but Caleb has always had a hold on my heart so I'd choose him in your story. BTW he'll be showing up in Gen 3 along with Ambrose.
      You deserved the nomination as well for all your stories.

      Delete