Saturday, October 3, 2015

3.13 Time Realigned Part 1



"Aww isn't this a cozy sight," a voice said above them.

"Dad, I mean Emit," Chase stammered jumping to his feet "what are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you," Emit looked around "I see you destroyed the time machine."

"He didn't," Jennifer corrected "I did."

"Took you long enough to come to your senses," Emit chided her "you made quite the mess but in the end you made the right choice. I really didn't want to have to step in."


"Then why are you here?" Chase asked taking Jennifer's hand giving it a squeeze.

"Your my son can't I just want to see you?"

Chase stared at him for a moment before shrugging "I guess but I don't think that's the case here."

"You're right" Emit said "I'm here to share with you and this young lady how the timeline is realigning itself." Turning to Jennifer "things aren't as bleak as you may think. You may have done a lot of damage that can't be undone but not everything is beyond recovery."

Looking at Chase then back to Emit she shook her head "I don't want to see anything else. I'm tired of all the bad things..."


Holding his hand out "trust me you'll like the way the future is shaping up. Don't you want to see what your sacrifice helped to accomplish?"

Taking his hand Jennifer nodded "why not. I've seen the bad I'd like to see a little good."

***

Scowling out the window Jeff demanded "are you sure this is the place?"

"I'm positive," Lee replied "they're in there I'm sure of it."

Shifting in the front seat Zayne turned glaring at him "if they're not..."


"They are. I'd stake my life on it," Lee insisted getting out of the car. He could hear Melissa chiding him. Telling him to calm down but how could he? Amanda and a defenseless two year old were in danger. He knew that Zayne and Jeff were placing considerable trust in him. He couldn't let them down.

He followed behind allowing Jeff to take the lead until they approached a door. Zayne reached out but driven by a sense of danger Lee stopped him. "It's booby trapped," he said in response to their irritated looks. Nodding in understanding they looked for another way inside the warehouse. Finding a gap in the wall they shimmied through the small opening.

"Which way blood hound?" Zayne asked once they were inside.

Looking around the dim interior Lee tried to remember the layout of the building that Melissa had shown him in his mind. "I don't...." he suddenly felt lost he didn't know which way to go. The desperate worried expressions on his companions weighed heavily upon him. He couldn't let them down. Seeking a calm he didn't feel he shouted out to Melissa for help. It was then he saw it like an arrow pointing the way. He started to walk down the dark corridor. His footsteps echoed down the cold dark empty warehouse walls. Jeff and Zayne followed behind bumping into him as he stopped in front of a door. "They're in there," he pointed towards the closed door.

Jeff inspected the door. Shaking his head when Zayne asked "is it booby trapped?"


Taking a deep breath Zayne reached out grabbed the door knob. Heart hammering in his chest he sighed in relief when the door opened without blowing them up. Taking a step inside he felt someone pull him back. "What? What's wrong?" he asked seeing the desperate look on Lee's face.

"You almost stepped on a pressure bomb," he explained "I need to go first. I know where the bombs are. I can help you avoid them." Lee moved to go around the pink haired male when he found his arm twisted up behind his back. Zayne whispered harshly in his ear "how do we know your weren't planted in Amanda's apartment? How do we know you aren't leading us into a trap?"

"If I was don't you think I'd have let you step on the pressure bomb? What difference would it make if you met your demise now or later?" He grunted in pain as his arm was twisted behind him. "I'm not setting you up. I want to help. I know you don't trust me but I'd never hurt Amanda or your little boy" The pressure increased as pain shot through is arm "please I know the pain your going through. I've lost my entire family. I'll never get to see my children grow up. Never get to hold or hug them again. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. Please believe me. All I want to do is help."

Grunting Zayne released his arm wiping away tears. Stepping back mumbling "I'm sorry I....I just want my little boy back."

"I know," Lee murmured putting a hand on the younger man's shoulder "I know."



"Ok you lead," Jeff said coming along side them holding a flashlight out him. "Don't do anything hasty and we should all be fine."

Several minutes later Lee shone the light around a large room spotting something in the far corner. 
"Over there," he pointed shining the light.

"I see it," Jeff acknowledged. Turning to confer with his partner "what do you think?"

"I think we need to check it out," Zayne told him. Turning to Lee "lead on McDuff."

"I'm not a dog," he protested.


As they neared the object to figures looked up at them. Lee sighed in relief recognizing Amanda blinking up at them in the light of the flashlights. It was then that Zayne's son squealed "daddy" running from Amanda's arms towards his dad.

"No Charlie," Amanda screamed reaching for him as he darted away from her.

Jeff and Lee tackled Zayne to the floor to keep him from going to his son. "Let me go," he shouted struggling with their arms "I can't lose my him."

"Are their pressure bombs?" Jeff asked.

"Yes," Lee nodded  "they're surrounded by them. I'm sorry he'll need a miracle not to set one off."
 
Zayne renewed his efforts and almost made it when the impossible happened Something picked up the distraught little boy and carried him across to them delivering him into the arms of his father. 


"I don't know what just happened but thank you," Zayne said to what looked like empty air.

Jeff stood gaping "Zayne meet my dad." Zayne nodded hugging his son tight to his chest to drained to care that a ghost just saved his son.

"I told you I'd be looking out for you," Robert told him. Turning towards Lee "Melissa is helping Amanda across."

"Yeah I see her," Lee nodded tears in his eyes. He felt a light pressure on his shoulder. Turning he found himself looking at Robert.

"Take care of my little girl," he requested.


"I will sir if you'll take care of mine," Lee tried to smile but it hurt too much.

Shaking his head Robert replied "no need for that son. Melissa will be crossing over now to be with your kids. She stuck around to make sure she pointed you in the direction you needed to go."

"I know she told me," Lee felt tears flowing down his cheeks "what about you sir?"

"Soon. I still need to check on the rest of my children," Robert smiled at Amanda as she was pulled into a hug by her brother. "Soon" he repeated.

Retracing their steps they exited  the building. Amanda went to Lee hugging him close murmuring "I'm sorry."


"For what?" he asked confused looking deep into her dark brown eyes.

"Your like me. Seeing and hearing spirits," Amanda said leaning her head on his shoulder. 

Maybe a little but not so strong. I had always been able to ignore it before. Melissa is different because of our bond. She strengthened my ability so that we could communicate."

"She told me to take care of you," Amanda smiled up at him "do you need looking after?"

"More than you know," he told her pulling her close "she told me you needed the love only I could provide. Is that true?"


Nodding "yes more than you know."

A car came to a screeching halt spraying dirt and gravel everywhere. A young woman bolted from the car yelling "Jeff....Jeff..."

"Lisa," Jeff yelled running to meet her. She leaped into his arms crashing her lips down into his.

"I was so worried. When I couldn't reach you I came here," she told him breathlessly kissing him again.

"Aren't you worried someone will see us?"


"I don't care," she smiled down at him.

"But I thought...." he smiled "if you don't care then neither do I."

"Good because I've got something to tell you," she smiled up at him "I'm pregnant."

"Your what?" thinking he had to have heard her wrong. "Are you sure?"

"I am," she hugged him tight "I've put in my notice too."


"I love you," Jeff swung her up and kissed her again. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes," she laughed "now put me down."

***

Wiping her eyes Jennifer leaned into Chase "I'm so glad they're alright. I thought for sure they were all dead."

Stroking her hair he smiled "see your sacrifice wasn't for nothing."

***

Concern drove Colt to Diana's dumpy apartment. Pounding on her door he yelled "Diana let me in."


The door slowly opened and Diana peered through the crack. "Go away please. Just leave me alone."

Wedging his foot in the door Colt refused to be dismissed. "What's wrong?" Pushing on the door "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's happened."

Bursting into tears Diana stepped away from the door allowing Colt into her apartment. "I've missed too much work and my boss is renegotiating my contract."

"That's a good thing, right?" Colt looked at her picking up on her unspoken vibes "I take it that's not a good thing."

"No it's the worst," she cried as she felt Colt pull her against him "he's a pimp. He.... he wants me to pull tricks now. I...I...I can't I just can't." She clung to him as her world dissolved around her. 


Isabel stuck her head out of her room "mama are you alright?"

"Yes Izzy," Colt answered her "can you play in your room for a little while?"

The little girl look to her mom then back at Colt nodding she retreated back into her room.

Lifting Diana's chin he asked "your not going to do it are you?"

"What choice do I have? He owns me. I'm under contract."


Shaking her he asked "you haven't signed anything have you? You haven't done anything yet have you?"

"No not yet," she said in a small scared voice "I ran. I didn't know what to do. So I ran. I keep expecting that he or one of his goons will show up here."

"What do you owe him?" Colt demanded.

"Money. I owe him money," Diana screamed half hysterical. "I thought he was my friend but I was an idiot. He kept tripling the interest. I'll never be able to pay it off."

"How much do you owe?" he asked her.


"I don't know," she cried "he keeps changing it. He keeps records but I don't know how he figures out the amount."

Seeing her distress Colt pulled her close, "don't worry I won't let him do this." Grabbing her hand "come on we're going to see him."

"Wait I can't leave Isabel here by herself" she pulled away from him.

"Get her and let's go," he told her. 

"I can't take her there," Diana protested.


"You won't  have to. I know someone who will watch her until we're done."

"Izzy we're going for a ride," she called to her daughter.

"With Colt?" she asked becoming excited.

"Yes baby. Let's get your shoes on so we can go."

After dropping off Isabel the drive to the club seemed cold and icy silent devoid of Isabel's constant chatter. Upon entering the club Diana went straight to the back to the office. Colt threw the closed door open demanding "how much will it take to release Diana from her contract?"


Looking the young man up and down before replying "more than you can pay."

"How much?" Colt repeated.

"Twenty thousand" the boss told him.

"That includes interest?" Colt asked. The man nodded "I want it in writing. I want witnesses that will testify that the amount specified is that is owed."

"How do you propose to pay that amount?" the man asked "you don't look like you have to pennies to rub together."


Taking out his checkbook he wrote the amount out. Diana put a hand out to stop him. "You can't. That's all of your savings."

"It's worth it. Your worth it," he kissed her cheek.

"Aw young love," the man sneered holding his hand out for the check.

"Not until I have the notarized letter stating she's paid in full. Her contract is null and void."

Shaking his head the man smiled nastily "no."



A wind stirred the papers on his desk despite the fact the windows were closed. A loud booming voice demanded "let my daughter go."

"Daddy?" Diana cried seeing her father's spirit.

 A few minutes later Colt and Diana were laughing in the car on their way home. "I never saw anyone so scared in my life," Colt said turning to look at her "you are pretty amazing."

"I don't know about that but I am loved."

"That you are," Colt agreed kissing her hand.


Carrying Izzy to Diana's apartment Colt waited for Diana to take Isabel from him. Silently Colt walked through the cramped apartment while Diana put the little girl to bed. Turning when he heard the bedroom door close behind her. "Have you thought about my offer?"

Nodding Diana sat down on the couch. "I...I..." she stuttered looking away as Colt sat beside  her. "I want to go but what about my dreams?"

Taking her hands Colt smiled down at her "Bridgeport isn't a good place for you or Izzy. What if that guy goes back on his word? Come to get you? You'd be safe with me."

"I know," she said softly getting up to stare out the window.

Taking her face between his palms he stared into her soft alien eyes and smiled. "Move in with me. I'll keep you safe."


"You're moving to Starlight Shores," she protested."

"I am. Come one baby come with me," he leaned down and kissed her gently "you can still try to have your father's novels produced there. You might even have a better chance."

"Really how?" Diana asked interested despite herself.

"I might have mentioned it to my manager who has a friend in Starlight Shores looking for a new project to work on."

"You did that? For me?" she asked in wonder. She never imagined she'd meet someone who would look past her alienness and see her for the person she was inside.



"Of course I'd do that for" Colt lifted her chin up "I'd do anything for you. So will you come with me?" 

"Yes, yes I will," she snuggled into him content to be held knowing she was finally safe and loved.

***

She felt Chase slip his arm around her as she leaned into him. She looked over at Emit "this is almost worse then watching their lives fall apart. I'm so happy for them but how will I ever make amends for the things I've done?"

"You may not have to. Only Amanda knows the things you've done. Robbie knows what you've done to him because you told him," Emit told her.

"Please tell me Robbie gets back together with Miranda," she pleaded with him "I know what I did was wrong. He doesn't deserve to be punished for the things I've done."

"I can show you."

"Yes please...please show me."


6 comments:

  1. Yay! Things re turning out so much better. Colt is just the sweetest with Izzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colt is a sweetie and would make a good step-dad. Izzy adores him :)

      Delete
  2. So, in a way, the timeline is becoming more of what it should have been. That's good, very good. And I guess there is a chance for Jen and Chase ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The timeline is realigning itself a close as it can to what it should have been with a few exceptions. For instance the ending of Jeff's story since him and Zayne would have died in the original. Now that it merged with Amanda's it opened the way to a different outcome.
      There might be a chance for Jen and Chase. We'll see.

      Delete
  3. Colt is so awesome. I hope Miranda and Robbie got back together too! Fingers crossed, I want more happy endings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all deserve happy endings! I really like Colt and Diana as a couple. Colt is the best.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete