Tuesday, October 6, 2015

3.13 Time Realigned Part 2


"Robbie why are you so nervous?" Miranda asked laughing up at him.

"Your parents are going to hate me" he shook his head in irritation.

"Don't be silly...."

"Don't patronize me, Miranda," Rob pulled away from her "you and I both know your mother wants you to continue the beauty pageant circuit. She doesn't want you getting marrying led alone to me, an alien hybrid."

Putting her hands up to his mouth she silenced him. "I don't care what she wants. I only care about what I want and I want you."


"Are you sure?" he asked looking at his reflection in the lake nearby. "You went through considerable trouble changing my appearance..."

"I don't follow. How does your appearance impact how my parents like you?" she shook her head at him.

"Are you embarrassed by me?" he asked pursuing his line of thought.

"What? No don't be ridiculous" she objected her smiled slipped a little. She wanted her parents approval. Giving Robbie a makeover was a step in gaining that approval.

"Why don't I believe you?" he asked quietly walking away more hurt than he wanted to admit. He knew his alien features were a hindrance but he never thought it would be a stumbling block to love.


"Robbie please," Miranda called out to him running up to him "tell me why you're upset."

Shivering in the warm breeze Robbie looked at her "why don't you just say it? I'm not good enough for you. That your parents won't like me because of what I am....an alien hybrid. I only mar your reputation. Ruin your chances of turning your pageant career from turning into an acting career. Your embarrassed to have me by your side."

"No that isn't it at all," she protested refusing to look him in the eyes for fear he would see the truth in her eyes. Afraid to admit to herself that all those things were true. "Will I see you tonight?"

"I don't know Miranda. If you can't except me for who I am why go through the motions of meeting your parents?" He swallowed over the lump forming in his throat. He really didn't feel well. "Miranda I just want to go home. I'm not feeling well...."

Squinting up at him she objected "you never get sick. If you don't want to meet my parents all you had to say was no."


"I did but you weren't listening," sighing he rolled his eyes turning "whatever," he muttered walking away. This time she didn't stop him or try to follow. As soon as he got home he flopped on his bed shivering from cold. He really didn't feel well regardless of what Miranda believed he did get sick. This was going to be one of those times he thought shivering under the blankets as he closed his eyes in the semi dark room.

Miranda's dad looked up from his paper as she stormed past him on her way to her room. "Sweetie is anything wrong?" he asked coming into her room.

"I think Rob and I just broke up," she cried sitting up on her bed.

"Want to tell be about it?" he asked.

"He accused me of wanting to change him," she sniffed.

Lifting her chin to make her look at him "sweetie be honest. You did want to change him didn't you?"


She started to shake her head sighing "maybe. A little. He looks so much better with a hair cut and ..."

"What if he was happy the way he was?" 

"He could have said something," she mumbled.

He gave her a look "honey I know how you are when you want something. You keep picking until the other person gives in. Admit it that's what happened here didn't it?"

"Maybe ... a little," she admitted.


"Honey you can't change who he is. He's an alien...."

"Not completely" she protested standing up.

"Ok I stand corrected but you can't change his skin color or his eyes no matter how you try to camouflage it. If you continue to try your only going to drive him away." Giving her a hug "I know this is your mother's influence. Her quest for physical perfection has rubbed off on you." Looking at his daughter he asked "do you love him?"

Her downcast eyes brightened as a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. "Yes daddy I love him. With all my heart I love him."

"Then don't try to change him because that's who you love. Don't let your mother make you think otherwise. Now get up and go tell your young man you love him."


"I can't do that," she bulked at the idea.

"Sure you can. Who says the guy has to make the first move?"

"Thank you daddy," she kissed his cheek as she all but ran from her room.

Arriving at Rob's house she waited impatiently for him to come to the door. Disappointment swept through her when Terrell answered the door instead. "Is Robbie here?"

"He's not feeling well" he told her.


"Oh come on you guys never get sick," she said stepping into the house past Terrell.

"If your referring to us being aliens and thinking we're immune to illnesses then your mistaken." Terrell replied.

"Can I see him?" she asked ignoring his comment.

"He's in his room resting," Terrell informed her "If you want to disturb him go ahead." He walked away not sure what his brother saw in her.


Sighing Miranda knocked softly on the closed door before opening it slowly. The room was dark as she entered. Sitting on the edge of the bed she reached out and softly shook his shoulder. "Robbie? Are you awake?"

"Miranda what are you doing here?" he mumbled blinking his eyes

Sitting on the edge of the bed she reached out a tentative hand to remove the hair from his eyes. "You're burning up," she said in shock "do you have a thermometer?" she asked standing up.

"It's in the bathroom" before she could leave he asked "what are you doing here?"


Sitting beside him again running her fingers through his hair she replied "I came to tell you I love you." He tried to say something in response but Miranda continued before he could "I don't care what you look like. I'm sorry I ever made you feel you weren't good enough. Your the first person who ever treated me like I was a real person and not a walking talking Barbie doll." She stood up to get the thermometer

Rob grabbed her hand pulling her down to him "I love you too."

"I know you do," she said kissing his lips.

"Don't you'll get sick," he protested.

"I don't care," she giggled at him "I don't care because I love you. I'm never going to let you go."

***



"Oh I'm so glad," Jennifer sighed in relief.

"Really?" Chase asked her "are you really happy that things are working out between them?"

Nodding she said "I am believe it or not. I know I've been unbelievably awful especially to Robbie but I do want to change."

***

The dejected hurt look upon Alex's face haunted Lexi as she walked alone back to the hotel. She was right wasn't she? Alex needed to cut ties with Ali before he could move on. She understood his desire. His need to be there for those kids. He wasn't their father though and he had to realize that. Shaking her head she threw herself on the bed feeling tired and leaden. She threw a pillow over her face trying to block out Alex's face.

Alex watched Lexi walk away head down. He wanted to go after her but what could he say that he hadn't already said? There was only so much beating his head into a brick wall he could handle. He put his hand in his pocket and felt the oval object he had put in there in the hopes this would be the night. 


It wasn't. Far from it. Taking it out he glared at the ring he had agonized for hours in the jewelry store over. He wanted it to be perfect. Clinching his fist he felt the diamond gauge into his palm screaming he swung his hand back as if he were a pitcher on the pitches mound. He dropped his arm to his side unable to release it.

Crying he stuck his hand in his pocket releasing the ring to the recesses of his pocket. It was just another reminder of the things he couldn't have. He wanted Ali but she didn't want him. Over and over he was reminded of that fact. She wanted him when she needed him to fix something but never him. Why did he cling to her? Cling to what he thought they had? It wasn't real never was.

Lexi was real but he lost her. He watched her walk away fed up with him. Torn between wanting to help Ali's kids and going after Lexi, devoting himself solely to her. Turning to follow Lexi his phone rang "hello." Shaking his head "no Ali no more....I can't I'm sorry....I know but I'm not their father....You made your choice and I wasn't it....Yes I love her but it's over....Why? You it's because of you and my inane sense of responsibility. Well not more. I'm done. I'm sick of everything...." Throwing his phone he heard it clatter on the pavement several feet ahead in the dark alley. He wondered if it was in several fractured pieces. Wondered if it looked the way he felt.

Looking up at the sky letting the rain pelt down on his face he laughed. It was a relief to finally say no instead of always caving in to her demands. No more he was officially done being her fill in husband. Those kids weren't his. Never would be. It was time he got that out of his head. It was time he stood up and became a man. It was time to went out and got what he wanted. He felt a sharp prick in his back and a harsh voice demanding "give me your wallet and jewelry..."

Lexi lay on the bed softly crying into the pillow wrapped around her face. "Alex needs you." A voice whispered in her ear. "Hurry before it's too late." The voice grew more urgent. What? Where? She mumbled sitting up looking around for whoever was speaking to her. The room was empty. "Hurry." The voice insisted. "Where?" she asked aloud. "Where you left him," was the response. With a sense of foreboding she ran towards the restaurant. She stood alone on the sidewalk looking around in the cold pouring rain. She spotted something in the dark alley. It looked like but it couldn't be "Alex?" she screamed falling to her knees beside him


He looked up and smiled "I love you," he whispered before he lost consciousness. "No no no don't leave me," she cried "I love you too. Don't leave me." The wail of an ambulance filled the night as she pulled Alex into her arms.

"Dad?" Alex asked staring around him.

"It's not your time," Robert told him "go back live your life."

Looking down at his body and Lexi crying as paramedics worked to get his heart beating again. "Dad what do I do?"

"Go back. She loves you," Robert insisted "it's not your time."


"It wasn't yours either," Alex cried to him "I've missed you so much."

Hugging him close "I've watched over you all this time. Don't throw away what you have with Lexi."

"It's too late," Alex cried turning towards the light.

Grabbing him Robert forced him to look at him. "No it's not. All you have to do is want it bad enough. She loves you. Live your life and never let her go."

Nodding Alex started to go back "I love you dad I wish..."


"I know son but when the time comes I'll be here....Always remember I love you."

"I'll remember," Alex mumbled opening his eyes.

"You'll remember what?" Lexi asked looked anxiously at him.

"That I love you," he told her. The smile that spread across her face was all he could have asked for.

"I love you too," she squeezed the hand she was holding. Blinking back tears "never do that again. You scared me. I thought I lost you."


"How? What?" Alex mumbled struggling to sit up.

Gently pushing him back to the pillow "not so fast. You were stabbed. You almost died. You did die..." She broke into tears remembering that awful moment when the paramedics were about to call it "then you came back..."

"I know dad told me," he caught himself. He never believed his dad was watching over him but now if he hadn't been there at that moment he'd be dead now. "He told me it wasn't my time. Told me to go back and never let you go."

"Is that why you had this?" Lexi held up her hand showing off the engagement ring she was wearing on her finger.

Nodding he mumbled "the mugger didn't take it. I was going to ask you to marry me."


"Was? Not now?" she smiled down at him.

"You're wearing the ring. Do I really have to ask?"

"Yes, yes you do," she told him.


Giving her an exaggerated sigh Alex smiled. "Lexi you're the most intelligent, beautiful, sensitive person I know wrapped up in a hard shell. I like, no I love the person you hide inside that shell. I'm so glad you let me see who that girl is and I want to spend the rest of my life discovering all of your secrets. Will you marry me?"

"Yes with all my heart yes. I'll marry you." She leaned down and kissed him.

***


"I thought ...that he was dead," Jen stammered "you showed me. He killed himself."

Drawing her close Chase tried to calm her "that was only a peak into what his future might be if you continued. Things changed when you destroyed the time machine."

"Does that mean? Drew she's not...."

***

"Drew," Caleb screamed as she ran from the room. Struggling to sit up Caleb fell from the bed. 

"Drew," he yelled again as the nurse came in to check on him.

Bolting down the hall past nurses telling her to slow down not to run. How could she? The love her life just told her it couldn't be. That he couldn't put her in danger because of the angry ghost of his deceased girlfriend. The pain was intolerable. What was she doing? She had vowed that she'd never let herself be so vulnerable and look at her. She loved him more than she realized more than she wanted.


Star followed the distraught girl as she ran down the corridors. She had seen and heard Caleb reject her. At first she rejoiced. He had chosen her but then his pain ripped through her as he cried out Drew's name. It tore at her heart strings awakening the person she once was. When had her love become so obsessive, so hurtful? She didn't know. All she knew was she had to fix it. The man she claimed to love was hurting. She did that. He was in there crying because she made him choose. He chose her because he didn't want Drew to be hurt. Where was the victory in that? She couldn't be with Caleb not like they had been. That time had passed. It was time to let him go. Let him have what he always wanted. She was dead and he was alive. She could show she still loved him. Cared for him. She had to stop Drew from leaving. Convince her to give Caleb another chance.

Knocking the nurses helping hands aside Caleb staggered to his feet "leave me alone," he growled at the nurse as she he stumbled from the room. He couldn't let Drew go. He had to stop her before she left. He couldn't lose her. He had lost too much already. Without Drew he'd have nothing. He'd be nothing. He couldn't live like that.

"I told you that people would get hurt if you continued on this course," Robert hissed in Star's ear.

"I know and I'm sorry," Star replied back casting her head from side to side "where did she go?" she asked.

"Leave her alone," Robert pleaded "let Caleb catch up to her. Let them be happy."



"It's not that," Star glared at him "I need to make things right. I need to convince her to give Caleb a second chance."

He stared at her for a moment gauging whether she was telling the truth or not. "Alright I'll trust you. If you hurt my little girl I'll force you to cross over." Another moment of silence passed between them "she's at the front entrance."

With that Star was gone in a instant. She appeared in time to Drew crying not seeing the speeding car coming towards her. Without thinking Star there herself towards the girl.


Drew didn't know what happened. One second she was crossing the parking lot towards her car and the next she was being thrown to the ground like she had been tackled. The sound of screeching tires and hysterical voices coming towards her. Blinking she saw a pink haired male running towards her. "Drew," he screamed dropping to his knees beside her cradling her in his arms. "Drew I thought I lost you," stroking her hair from her face he asked "are you alright?"


"I'm ok," she winced as she moved "maybe a little bruised." She looked up into his gentle eyes saw the fear and love shining back at her. She squeezed his hand "I love you," she whispered before doctors crowded around her. She looked and saw the stunned relieved look that replaced the fear and uncertainty. She knew then she couldn't leave him no matter what he said. They belonged together. Together they would face Star. She wouldn't let her win.


"Thank you," Robert said coming along side Star "Thank you for saving my little girl."

"I didn't do if for you," she said anger laced her words.

"I know but thank you anyway."

She continued to stare at Caleb it was so difficult to watch the man she loved leaving her behind. Sighing she realized she had made her choice. By saving Drew she released Caleb. It was time she went. Time to cross over. Looking up she saw Robert nod towards her and smile. "It's time" he said. She nodded in agreement.

***


Moving closer to Chase the one person who had forced her to see what she was doing. Jennifer didn't if how she felt whether she should feel angry or thankful. Wiping tears from her eyes she smiled up at him "you tried to tell me but you're right this was the only way to make me see." 

"I'm glad you did," he told her squeezing her tight "I don't know if this is a good time or not to mention why Emits here..."

"I thought he was only here to check on you...." fear gripped her was he here to see she was punished for what she'd done.

Chase seeing the fear in her eyes he tried to smile to ease her mind "it's nothing bad but he does want us to help him police other would be time manipulators...."

"Why us? Me?" she asked.

"Why not? We understand what motivates someone to want to change the past. We also know the dangers. Who better to convince others the errors of their ways."

"I don't know...I'm not sure...." she looked down and away as she asked "what do you want to do?" 
She knew she'd do whatever he decided because she wanted him by her side forever. 





4 comments:

  1. Yes! This was perfect. I'm glad their storylines worked out. I guess Star realized she was hurting Caleb by her actions-- good for her and everyone involved. And the other couples <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is back on track. Hopefully it stays that way. Seeing Caleb in so much pain made her realize what she had done. The only way to fix what she had done was to save Drew and in doing so it saved herself and everyone else so much pain. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Woo, all caught up. That was an easy read, I missed the Bennetts. Lexi and Alex, Robbie and Miranda and Caleb an Drew all in one chapter!? My heart can't handle the feels. So cute <3 Don't worry about Star though, I have plans for her ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much yet to tell about all of their stories and yes there will be side stories for all of them because I'm not ready to let them go. I had to bring Star back to how she should have been. I wonder what your plans are for Star? I look forward to finding out. I always wished that Star had a happier ending than what she had.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete