Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chapter Thirty-One Part One

Authors Note:  This is the start of the five part finale of generation one.  There will be wrap-up chapters after this finale until the gen two heir has been chosen.  Please note this is the first time I've used 'poses' in the story so I'm hoping they are ok.  Not what I was hoping for but better than what the game would have provided and if I waited until I was 100% happy with the result the chapter would never be posted. LOL All poses used in Part One are from Mod the Sims and Kiddos.  I've also added some music that helped me while I was writing this chapter. 
 
 

 Part One
 
 
"Honey, you have everything packed and ready to go?" Jessica asked coming into the bedroom.
"I'm not sure now is a good time to go on this trip," William said pacing around the room, stopping at the window.

"We discussed this. The doctor feels you need a break, a real vacation."

"Then let's go as a family."

"The kids have school and Sydney has exams she can't miss."

"I don't want to go Jess," William said turning from the window to glare at his wife.


"What is this all about? You're the one who said we could trust the kids on their own."

"Yeah for a few hours, not a few days. What if something happens and we're not here?" he rubbed his hands across his face and through his hair. His stomach was churning, he swallowed several times to keep his breakfast down.


"It's your anxiety again, isn't it? We can't just stay home every time you have a bad feeling about something," Jessica said as her pulse increased and she heard her voice rise "How many times do we have to tell you, it's all in your head? Nothing is going to happen."

"It's not all in my head. Every time I've had these feelings of foreboding something has happened. Why won't you believe me?" William paced the floor for a moment before sitting on the edge of the bed burying his face in his hands. Jessica silently watched him, head bent, shoulders shaking, she crossed the room and put her hand on his shoulder.


"Honey," Jessica said softly "even if what you're feeling is a premonition, there's nothing you can do to prevent it. We already paid for the tickets, it'll be a waste if we don't use them."

"I know Jess," William said his voice shaking "but I'll never forgive myself if something happens and I wasn't here. I just can't go. I won't leave my kids, not now, when I'm certain something terrible will happen." He lifted he eyes to Jessica, pleading for her to understand. He felt her squeeze his shoulder, then there was a pin prick of pain, "Jess what ..." he tried to say before losing consciousness.



"I'm sorry William but you gave me no choice," she whispered as she got up to call the Doctor.

She took her phone out and dialed Williams psychologist. "This is Mrs. Bennett, I need to talk to ... Ye,s yes I'll hold." Waiting for the doctor to come on the line, Jessica quickly finished packing Williams things. Muttering to herself 'It was the right thing to do. I had no choice. It was for his own good.' But she couldn't stop the little voice in the back of her head from telling her William was right and she would regret this. "Hello Doctor? Yes I'm here. You were right I had to resort to using the sedative you gave me to use in case he became unreasonable. Am I doing the right thing?"


"Yes Mrs. Bennett. He has progressively become more resistant to treatment the last several months and more obsessed with feelings of doom."

"But he's convinced something terrible is going to happen while we're gone. He'll never forgive me if it does and he wasn't here."

"Calm down Mrs. Bennett. You're allowing yourself to become affected by your husbands delusions_"

"But Doctor he's so sure, what if..."

"This is for his own good and the well being of your family that we get him the care he needs. This is beyond what you can do for him. I'm sending an ambulance to pick him up and transport him to the psychiatric ward."

"Thank you Doctor," Jessica disconnected and waited for the ambulance to arrive. She gnawed on her bottom lip fearing that William would feel betrayed when he woke up to find himself in the hospital. Maybe she shouldn't have done this behind his back. He had been faithfully taking his anxiety pills, he was engaged with the kids and progressing at work. Maybe the doctor was wrong and she shouldn't have let him convince her to do this. When the doctor suggested they go on a vacation to lesson William's anxiety she thought it was a good idea. But then the doctor gave her the hypodermic needle to use in case he refused to go. He told her in the case he would need to be hospitalized for analysis. She allowed herself to be convinced into believing that William was becoming a danger to himself and needed around the clock help.


'What have I done? Why did I let myself believe he would ever hurt himself or the kids?' Glancing towards William's unconscious form, she reached out and touched his hand. "Please forgive me," she whispered.

A few hours later, William woke up strapped to a hospital bed. He struggled to get loose, fighting the panic that threatened to overwhelm him. His eyes were clenched shut as he struggled, he refused to open them to confirm his worst fears. He couldn't be back on the ship, this couldn't be happening again. his hear pounding loudly in his ears he almost didn't hear.

"Why is he strapped down? You promised he wouldn't be strapped down." He could here the distress in her voice as he felt trembling fingers trying to release the straps around his wrists. He opened his eyes and saw he was in a white room with people all around him. He scanned the room until he found Jessica, still struggling to undue the straps. Two orderlies grabbed her arms and pulled her away, as the Doctor entered the room, followed closely by two aliens.

"Thank you Mrs. Bennett for delivering your husband to my care. As you can see circumstances have changed. Your husband presents a unique opportunity to understand how the mind works and hopefully we'll be able to find out why he's having premonitions. In his heightened state of anxiety we'll be able to observe it better."

"What are those aliens doing here?" Jessica demanded struggling in the arms of the orderlies who still held her.

"They are here to assist in the studies. I find there knowledge invaluable and for there assistance I've agreed to help them with their research." With that the doctor turned away from Jessica barking orders. As the two orderlies started to wheel William out of the room, Jessica tried to follow but the Doctor blocked the door.

"Where are you taking him?"


"For observation. Whatever is going to happen will be soon and I want to record his brain activity, leading up to, during and after the event. Don't worry Mrs. Bennett he'll be safe and when the tests are done you'll be able to go home."

"You lied to me. You told me it was acute anxiety, paranoia but you knew all along it was real. He was having premonitions. What were you giving him?"

"Sugar pills mostly and sedatives," the doctor smiled turning to the nurse. "Nurse, Mrs. Bennett is becoming overly agitated, see to it she gets a sedative to calm her down." Taking Jessica's arm he lead her to the other bed in the room and forced her to lie down.
 

 She tried to struggle but he made a joke of her strength. He quickly had her strapped down and the nurse prepared the sedative. Jessica continued to struggle against the restraints, weakening as the sedative took affect. Her last thought before she lost consciousness were for her children. "What about my babies? No ones there to protect them," she mumbled.



"Sydney, when will Mommy and Daddy be home?" Beverly asked after Sydney finished reading to her.

"In a couple of days."

"Why'd they go without us?"

"Because they wanted some alone time."

"Like when you go on dates with Shon?"

"Exactly," Sydney smiled giving her sister a goodnight kiss.


The house was quiet for once, everyone was in bed for a change. Sydney took the opportunity to call Shon, hoping they would have an uninterrupted conversation for once.

"Hey babe, everything going ok without the parentals?"

"Better than I thought; especially since no one was excited about me being in charge."

"You can hardly blame them. You don't exactly give off warm and fuzzies"

"I know but I'm trying my hardest not to let them annoy me."

"Maybe that's why things are going ok. They can tell you're trying," Shon chuckled a bit than added "Not to change the subject but did you apologize to your mom?"



"Yes."

"and," Shon prompted.

"I hate apologizing. But thanks to you and my Dad I realized I was out-of-line and she appreciated that I took the initiative. I could tell her feelings were still hurt but she forgave me Then she told me about the trip she was planning for Dad."

"See I told you it would work out."

"I know, you were right. I just hope this trip helps my Dad to relax. He's been anxious a lot lately."

"Babe I would be anxious too if I had teenagers all dating and making out in the hot tub."

"Who told you about that?"


"Evan did. Your sister better slow things down with him. He's not the kind of guy to stick around once he gets a girl to put out."

"Are you sure? He's such a nice guy."

"Yeah I'm sure. I'd hate to see your little sis become another notch on his belt. Be thankful he didn't set his sights on you."

"He wouldn't dare. I've got a reputation for not taking crap from anyone."

"I know and that's what I like about you. But your sister needs to be liked and I'm afraid that's going to get her into trouble."

"I hope not. If Evan tries to take advantage of her, he'll have me to deal with. Evie's too sweet but I wouldn't want anything to change that."


"It sounds to me like you like your sister a lot more than you let on."

"Yeah I guess. It's all your fault too, for making me see how special my family is," she stopped talking and started sniffing the air.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I smell smoke. Hold on a sec," Shon could hear here walking from room to room, then he heard her frantic yell "Oh my God, the house is on fire!"
 

 




6 comments:

  1. OMG, DandyLion, LOL, this was great. :)
    I liked your use of the poses, it gets easier as you keep on doing it. LOL.
    I loved how you transitioned from Jessica and William having a simple discussion about going on vacation to both of them being sedated and restrained against their will. Certainly a very interesting plot twist. :) Nice job.
    I also enjoyed the little bits of Sydney showing she cares about Evelyn, her character development has been very nice to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I like poses so much better than the same repeated animations from the game. You'll be seeing more in the future. I just need to find the right ones to go along with the story.
      Poor Jessica is going to regret her part in helping the 'doctor' get William in his care. :( But to be fair she didn't know what was going on, she just wanted to help relieve his anxiety; which was only being made worse by that doctor. Sydney has developed so much and there is so much to her than a spoiled, selfish, self-centered kid she started out as.

      Delete
  2. WHAT? This was intense. The fire from Williams premonition, I hope nothing bad happens. I was first mad at Jessica for listening to the doctor, she knows William better than anyone, but I'm also mad at that heartless doctor :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor is pretty heartless and has been working with the aliens ever since the abduction. Which is why Williams anxiety has only gotten worse under his care. The doctor has been using him as a guinea pig and want's to see the results of Williams brain activity during and after a premonition. He may have assisted in causing one to come to happen.
      Jessica thought she was doing the right thing. She was listening to the Doctor, who she thought was trying to help. She had no idea he was the reason things were getting worse. But I agree, she should have listened to William and that may become her biggest regret.

      Delete
  3. I want to move on to part two but also want to comment...

    Can I physically harm that doctor? Wtf? Dude you are so out of line! And working with the aliens. . .just makes me mad! I feel bad for Jessica but I also don't. There was plenty of evidence to show that what Robert felt wasn't just a coincidence. But I can also see how she would think that it was.

    Fire?! Need to read on to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor is really an awful person and part of the reason why William's anxiety has been so bad. Working with the aliens and that's not even the worst of it. You have my permission to hurt him, he deserves it. Ah Jessica words can't describe what I think about her....she should have believed William but she didn't. Don't feel too bad for her - she doesn't deserve it. You'll see why once you start Gen 2.
      Fire!!! Oh I'm sad all over again :(

      Delete