Thursday, August 25, 2016

4.13 Into the Future

Authors Note: Some parts are a little NSFW (at least as close as I'll probably ever come to it) If that's a problem please don't read otherwise enjoy.



After leaving Indira crying her fake tears on the porch Randy dialed a familiar number. "Dad I can't do this anymore."

"You're the only one who can," Quinton told his son "she can't be that bad."

"She's a spoiled little brat," he growled into the phone. It wasn't often his latent werewolf genes came to the surface. His anger was the first indication his control was slipping.

"You can do this," Quinton kept his voice calm "if you need money to cover the extra expenses your father and I will help you."

"Why does she need a babysitter?" he growled refusing to be mollified.

"You know why" his father stated using the tone that said he had had enough "you have your assignment."



"Yes sir," Randy sighed as he listened to his father tell him about his dad and little sister. He missed his family. Werewolves were pack animals and being this far from home was lonely. He may appear fully human but he still had werewolf genes and they were telling him he had been away too long.

After talking for a while he made his way back home dreading every inch that brought him closer to excepting Indira's idea. She had no idea how much her attitude hurt him. He would never understand how she could disown her family regardless of career, money, sexual orientation or anything else.

The house was dark when he got there. Sniffing the air he could tell she was there. Probably sulking in her room plotting her next move to coerce him. His hand moved to his lips where she had tried to kiss him. They still tingled from her touch. His body had reacted to her. For that one moment he wanted her. That was his problem. He found her attractive to the eye but repulsive on every other level.

***


She heard him come in as she lay in the dark. She knew she should apologize. She shouldn't have tried to seduce him. She hadn't meant to kiss him. She pulled the pillow over her face. What had come over her? She didn't even like the guy, at least she didn't think so.

He was all wrong for her. The purple hair would have to go. Ugh what was she thinking? Who cares if he has purple hair? She definitely didn't. She didn't like him. Her fingers traced her lips imagining the moment she had pressed them against his soft supple lips. His fresh woodsy scent as she leaned in close enveloping her.

Groaning she tossed the pillow aside. Turning on her bedside lamp she stared angrily at the time. An hour had passed since he had come home. An hour since she had tried to ignore the fact her pulse quickened at the thought of him in the next room. Maybe it was a good thing he didn't want to room with her. She needed some space before she did something stupid. Something she'd regret, not mention detrimental to her future plans.

***


"What do you want me to do?" Emmaline asked as soon as they had crowded into the garage.

"Stand over there," Connie directed. Turning to her twin she asked "do you think you can do it?"

Frowning Michelle hesitated before nodding "I've never done it with a real person before. It might be a rough ride."

"Where are you going to send me?" Emmaline asked excited for her first real adventure.

"To the future or the past," Michelle shrugged "your choice.


"Um," Emmaline bit her lip thinking "the future."

Connie walked over to the stairs "what's up there?" she asked craning her neck to look up.

"My brother's boyfriend lives up there," Emmaline informed her nonchalantly.

"Andrew's gay," both girls giggled.

"Um yeah" Emmaline replied "There's nothing wrong with it" she said going to her brother's defense.


Smiling broadly Michelle shook her head "we didn't mean anything was wrong with it." 

Connie nodded adding "we kinda thought he'd never admit it considering how Indira was so dead set against it."

"Yeah well things change," Emmaline muttered "will it make a difference on what we're planning to do with them upstairs?"

"It shouldn't," Connie replied turning to her sister with a question in her eyes. "What do you think?"

"I don't think it should," Michelle shrugged not really listening as she prepared herself to send her cousin through time. She had no idea how much energy she would need. Of course she could always use the actual time portal but their Dad always locked the controls so that no one could use it without him knowing about it. Until Grandpa showed them they didn't need the portal to travel through time they thought they needed the portal. She felt a pang of guilt thinking about her dad and how he wouldn't like some of the things Grandpa had been teaching them.


Michelle knew her parents wouldn't appreciate Grandpa teaching them these things. Most of the time she went along with it because Connie wanted to. She could never tell her twin no. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Michelle asked her cousin one last time hoping she would change her mind.

"Of course she wants to do this," Connie answered for her.

Emmaline nodded despite the uneasy rumbling in her stomach making her feel like she was going to be sick. She was just nervous she told herself. Nothing to worry about and nothing would go wrong. "Yeah I'm sure," she said sounding more confident than she felt.

"Ok," Michelle took a deep breath closed her eyes and concentrated. A tingling sensation filled the air. A loud popping sound grew louder and more intense until she opened her eyes in wonder.

"You did it," Connie shouted jumping around the garage waving her arms around "I didn't think you could but you did. You really did it."

***


Charlie gazed into Andrew's sensitive gray eyes. "I didn't hurt you did I?" he stroked Andrew's chin worried that he had gone too far too soon. He should have stopped. Should have had more self-control. Should have waited until Andrew was ready.

"I'm fine," Andrew reached up running his hand through Charlie's hair pushing his head down to his. Pressing his lips into Charlies as he watched the worry melt from his partner's eyes. "I love you," he murmured when their lips parted "I wanted this...you..."

Charlie relaxed laying his head on Andrew's chest listening to the soothing beat of his heart. "I love you too," he softly kissed the bare smooth skin beneath him. "The thought I may have hurt you was more than I could bare." He propped himself up gazing into Andrew's eyes "I saw the pain in your eyes....when I...."

"Then you must have seen love there too" he held Charlie's gaze until he gave him a slight nod "then don't worry about it. The pain was temporary. I wanted this. You."

A smile replaced the remnants of worry in Charlies demeanor as he peppered Andrews face with tender kisses. "I love you so much," he said kissing Andrew's neck, chest, abs...


Moaning when Charlie's mouth reached it's final destination. Andrew could feel his excitement building when an unwelcome sound of girlish giggles floated through the floor boards. "Do you hear that?" he asked.

"Hear what?" Charlie muttered.

"That" Andrew said as the sound of several teen girls giggling together filled the room.

"I guess it's a good thing we moved upstairs," Charlie gave him a devilish grin resuming his activity.

"Ah" Andrew gasped his hands clawing at the rumpled sheets beneath him. "Charlie please...stop...I...I can't. Not with them right below us. What if they hear us?"

"Then I guess we'll have to be quiet," he said reluctant to stop for a bunch of giggling girls.


"What if they come up here?" Andrew persisted "you know what Emmaline is like. Privacy doesn't mean anything to her...."

Groaning Charlie rolled away from Andrew breathing hard. "We need doors that lock." Looking over at Andrew "hey where are you going?"

Leaning over Andrew gave Charlie a quick kiss. Stepping back as Charlie tried to pull him down with him. "I'm getting dressed before my little sister decides to make an unannounced visit. 

Propping himself up on one elbow Charlie watched Andrew move around the room gathering his clothes. "I wish you wouldn't do that," Andrew said turning a brilliant shade of red as he felt Charlie's eyes follow him around.

"I can't help it. I like what I see," Charlie ducked as Andrew threw a shoe at him.

"Well stop it" Andrew demanded "I already feel self-conscious enough without you ogling me."


"Why?" Charlie asked getting up to dress "it's not like I haven't seen you before." He moved closer pulling Andrew into an embrace "don't be embarrassed. There's no reason to be."

"I know. It's just...." he stammered to a halt as Charlie put his fingers beneath his chin tilting his face up "I do love you..."

"Are you regretting what we just did?" Charlie asked hoping his disappointment wasn't evident in his voice.

"No of course not," came Andrew's ready and firm reply "I meant what I said. I wanted this. You. Everything."

Charlie grabbed Andrew's hands that were waving around in front of him "then what is it? I know something is bothering you." He kissed the hands he had captured looking deep into his partner's eyes "please tell me."


"I...I..." Andrew gulped "I don't like..." he turned his face away not wanting to see the hurt and confusion in Charlie's blue eyes "I'm sorry."

"You haven't done anything to be sorry for," Charlie gently hugged him close. He felt the stiffness in his shoulders slowly relax as Andrew put his head on his shoulder. Softly he ran his hands up and down Andrew's back. "It's ok baby you're safe," instinctively he knew Andrew's reaction had something to do with his past. A distant repressed memory was surfacing. Andrew probably didn't even know where it was coming from. All Charlie could do was wait for it to pass and help him through it.

"I don't like...." Andrew tried again gulping for air.

"You don't like what baby?" Charlie asked keeping his voice calm, soothing, without the urgency he felt.

Sighing Andrew continued "I don't like being watched." A small shudder passed through him "he always watched."


Charlie's stomach dropped as if someone had tossed it over a steep mountainside. "Who watched you baby?"

"He did when I...when I..." he bit his bottom lip. Lifting his head from Charlie's shoulder he searched Charlie's eyes for rejection. Lowering his eyes his body shook as a shudder passed through him "whenever I took a bath he was there, watching. He...he had this look in his eyes. I...I didn't like it...."

Charlie's arms tightened around him "he didn't touch you did he?" his voice was low grumbling like thunder.

"No I...no I don't..."trembling in Charlie's arms "I don't know. There's so much I don't remember about that time."

"it's alright baby," Charlie held him as he fought to calm down "we'll get through this together. One step at a time." He gently kissed Andrew's forehead "I love you baby."


"I'm sorry," Andrew murmured pulling away "I'm so messed up."

"No more than I am," Charlie told him "hurry up and get dressed."

"What? Why?" Andrew asked sounding suspicious.

"I'm taking you out," Charlie told him pulling a shirt over his head. He was rewarded with a brilliant smile from Andrew whose eyes sparkled with excitement as he pulled up his pants.

They were discussing where they were going when the air around them shimmered and shifted around them.

***


The lights flickered as a low rumble built up throughout the house. "What's happening?" Caleb asked once the house stopped shaking.

"Time shifted," Chase said running for the stairs.

Caleb followed unsure what was happening. He didn't know much about time but he doubted it was a good thing when a time keeper takes off running after announcing time shifted.

Drew and Jennifer were waiting for them. Their combined voices loud and jarring. Cutting off their questions Chase demanded "where are the girls?"

"You can't believe they had anything to do with this?" Jennifer cried grabbing his arm for support fear in her eyes.


"I don't know," he said fighting for calm "I know Emit has been teaching them things I told him not to show them."

"They're just kids. They don't know what they're doing," she said tears running down her cheeks. 

"I know. I hope I'm wrong," Chase kissed her cheek trying to reassure her.

"I thought I saw the girls go outside. I assumed they went to find Andrew," Drew told them leading the way towards the garage.

"Dad," Connie cried running up to him "what are you doing in here?"

"Cut the act," Chase told her observing how upset her sister was.


Michelle turned, her eyes vacant as if she were in a trance. "Daddy" she cried taking in a deep breath 
"I think I made a horrible mistake."

"Where's Emmaline?" Drew asked looking around the garage for her daughter.

"I...I..." Michelle sobbed unable to go on.

"She wanted to do it," Connie interrupted unapologetically.

Chase directed his attention to her "what did you do?" he demanded.

Shrugging "we sent her to the future..."


"You what?" Chase yelled at her "I locked the portal controls."

"We didn't use the portal..."

Going over to the stairs he looked up asking "what's up there?"

Drew stumbled into Caleb's arms crying "where are the boys? They should have come down here by now."

Nodding Caleb pushed Drew into Jennifer's arms as he ran to the stairs taking them two at a time. 
"Charlie...Andrew..." he called as he reached the landing. Silence greeted him. "They're not up here" he called down the stairs. 


"They couldn't have left," Drew pointed towards a car 'that's their car. They have to be here."

Turning to his daughters Chase demanded "what did you do?"

"What's the big deal?" Connie roller her eyes "so what if two more people went into the future instead of just one."

"Did Emit tell you how to bring them back?" Chase asked them ignoring Connie's belligerent attitude for the moment.

Michelle nodded I'm sorry daddy. I know I shouldn't have but I just wanted to prove to Emmaline that I could do it. She thought it was just a joke."


"So you came in here for privacy," Chase surmised "you used more power than you needed and sent Charlie and Andrew too."

"I don't understand what the fuss is all about," Connie crossed her arms "Grandpa said we were good. That you were holding us back from our true potential. Why not use what we know?"

"Did he tell you what the consequences were for tampering with time?" he asked trying to reign in his anger and fear that was swamping him.

"We destroyed the future didn't we?" Michelle cried "that's what happened isn't?"




5 comments:

  1. Emit's at it again :( Unfortunately, at least one of his grandkids really takes after him.
    I just hope Chase can figure out how to get the kids back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emit's at it again :( Unfortunately, at least one of his grandkids really takes after him.
    I just hope Chase can figure out how to get the kids back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emit does seem to be making a mess of things. However this time he's completely innocent. He would be upset that the girls had used what he taught them to do this. All his hard work to save the future has just been undone. Connie idolizes her grandpa but she's less adept at manipulating time than her sister. She delights in getting Michelle into trouble by convincing her to do things she shouldn't. We'll see if Chase can fix things or not. All I can say is the kids are stuck in a future that's not what anyone wants until he does.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. The girls definitely destroyed the future. And Andrew, Charlie and Emmaline are there? Uh oh. Trouble, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls did a bang up job on destroying the future. The explanation as to why is in the next chapter. They only meant to send Emmaline but since they didn't really know what they were doing they used to much energy and sent Charlie and Andrew with her by mistake. They are in a lot of trouble which you'll see in the chapter. Thanks for reading and commenting! Now I need to get caught up on AGW.

      Delete