Monday, May 9, 2016

Spirit Animal Award

unnamed

OMG the wonderful wannabecatwriter aka violincat nominated my blog for the spirit animal award! Thank you so much!

You should definitely check out her stories: Wherever Life Will Take Us, In Dreams of Old and Our Different Paths They are all well worth the read.

Spirit Animal Blog Award Acceptance Rules:
1.) Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their page.
2.) Post the award picture on your blog.
3.) Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you.
4.) If you could be any animal, what would it be?
5.) Pick and notify ten nominees.
About Me: 
I never know what to write when it comes to writing about myself. So I'm just going to explain why I started my blogs and you'll get to know a little something about me that I rarely if ever tell anyone. This blog marks my journey from the darkest, lowest point in my life. I needed something to focus on other than my grief and heartache. My readers may wonder why so many of my characters had some form of the name Robert. That name is significant to me. It was my way to honor the memory of my Robbie, my first love, my first kiss, my first heartbreak. 
Imagine two little kids a girl (5) a boy (7) We grew up together. Did everything together. We even told everyone we were going to get married and have 20 kids when we grew up. Why 20 I'll never know, I'd have to go back and ask my 5 year old self. Our commitment never changed all threw high school into college we planned our wedding, set the date but what I didn't know was I was slowly losing him to depression. I knew something was wrong, things I dismissed chalking it up to stress from school, wedding plans, etc. I'll never forget the day I left for class, we said our goodbyes and that was the last I would ever see him.
He decided to end it all that cold November day. It took us a week to find him. I was going out of my mind. How could he do this? Why couldn't he tell me he was hurting so much? Why didn't I see it before it was too late? So started my own battle with depression and my own suicide attempt. I don't know why I survived and he didn't but I'm thankful everyday for the life I have.  It's been four years and I still have my bad days but I'm still here. My blog marks my journey. Sometimes I put my characters through a lot but in the end I hope to give them a happy ending as I hope one day I'll get my happy ending.
Sorry that was so long and depressing but that's what my blog means to me.
Spirit Animal:
I really don't know. I even took one of those quizzes to find out what my spirit animal is. I got mixed results. One such result was the wolf. I liked the explanation because it's true to me. Wolves are pack animals and close to their pack. So my pack is my family and close friends. I'm fiercely loyal and I no longer hold back from saying something if I think something doesn't feel right. 
The
Nominees:

A Graying World by thepartysim aka legendofsim

Listening to my Heart by Sandybeachgirl

Our Different Paths by violincat (I know your other blog was nominated but I love this story)

The Lee Legacy by phyrcracker93

The Torres Legacy by Taina

Through Colour Blind Eyes by Julie

Pains Water Point by lckygrl

Noble Doubt by RosemaryMarie (I know this blog has already been nominated)

Insanity Doesn't Compare by Jax

Different Winters by lilyShadowWriter

There are many more awesome blogs out there just waiting to be discovered. I wish I could nominate them all.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry to hear about whay you've been through. It is truly tragic and I hope your life is in a better place these days. And know that your followers and the other people in your life blessed to have you among us. Thank you for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm in a much better place than I was and every day gets a little better. I'm thankful everyday for the life I have and for everyone who reads my little story. I didn't know whether or not to share the why I started the blog but it's a part of me. Thank you for nominating me and being such a dedicated reader and commenter. You don't know how much it makes me smile.

      Delete
  2. :0 I had no idea, now I see why you put so much of yourself into your writing! I'm really sorry this had to happen,but know that I adore your presence and am so glad you decided to make this blog! I seriously wouldn't keep posting if it wasn't for you, because there are days when I just feel like my blog isn't worth it. And you make coming online such a happy place for me to forget about things happening in the real world and get absorbed into your characters. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You brighten my day whenever I see something you've posted. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you. Your blog is wonderful. Don't ever think otherwise. The feeling is mutual I assure you. I appreciate everyday I have and each day get's a little brighter. Sorry if my real life drama brought you down but I enjoy coming online and immersing myself in your story and character's lives. It's good to have a place to go to when reality becomes to much. Hugs <3

      Delete