Saturday, October 25, 2014

Generation 2, Chapter 20

 

"Evelyn?" Shon asked trying to get her attention.

Looking up from folding laundry "What is it Shon?" her tone irritable.

"Have I told you how cute you are when your mad?" Shon said delighting at the spark that lit her eyes up.

"Are you trying to make me mad? I just spent hours at the laundry mat, I'm not in the mood."

Giving her his best smile "I'm not trying I'm succeeding." He side stepped the not so friendly slap she aimed at him. Chuckling at her he said "I have something to tell you, so if your finished ..."

"Alright I can tell you're not going to give me a moments peace until I give you all of my attention." She turned to him trying to stay mad at him but losing the battle when he went down on one knee.



"Evie I love you. I've loved you since the day you cried on my shoulder over that no good snake Evan. I knew you were the only girl for me. No matter how I tried to deny my feelings for you, you kept wrapping yourself around my heart. I can't think of living my life without you and I hope I won't have to. Will you marry me?"



"Yes." Evelyn said beaming at him "I've loved you since that day too. I never thought I'd see you again when we moved and I looked everywhere for someone like you but never could. Then I walked in the dorm and heard your voice calling me the 'green meanie' and I lost my heart all over again." She jumped into his arms and kissed him. Pulling back she said "by the way you are not to call me that ever again."

"How about I just call you beautiful?"


"That'll do," she said reaching up to kiss him again.

They spent the next couple hours discussing wedding dates.  They had almost decided when they were interrupted by someone pounding on their door.  The pounding was joined by the shrill voice of  a woman yelling "let me in.  I know you're in there."

"Who the hell could that be?" Shon asked annoyed at the interruption.


Shrugging Evelyn shook her head, moving to answer the door. Grabbing her arm Shon said "I'll get it,"  as he wondered if it could be someone irate over a ticket he had given them. Shon opened the door to find an older, heavy set woman poised to pound on the door. "Can I help you?"



"Not unless your Robert Bennett," she said loudly, stepping around him and into the kitchen.

Turning to follow her Shon said "I'm not and he's not home."



"Then I'll wait," she said sitting on the couch.

"He won't be home until late tonight," Shon told her trying to be polite. "You should come back tomorrow."

Ignoring the obvious attempt for her to go the woman sat staring obstinately ahead. Sighing Shon was at a loss as to what to do next. Evelyn came up beside him whispering "who is she?"


Shaking his head "I haven't got a clue." He walked over to the woman "Who are you and what do you want?"

Smirking up at him she said "that's none of your business."

"It is since your in my house."


Looking disdainfully around the small room she laughed "I wouldn't be so proud of that if I were you."

"I can have you arrested for trespassing," Shon told her even though he hoped he wouldn't have to.

She laughed at him "just try it sunny."

Shon shrugged "have it your way." He reached into his pocket for his phone, he was about to dial the police when Patricia walked in.


"I found the perfect dress," she announced excited. Turning to close the door she spotted the woman on the couch. She froze, losing her smile as the woman stood up. "What are you doing here?"



"To put a stop to your wedding plans," she announced "I won't allow my daughter to give up her life to live in this hovel."

"Your delusional mother," Patricia shouted.


"I'm delusional?" her mother asked. "I'm not the one throwing their life away by marrying someone who can't even put a decent roof over their head. And that" she pointed at Evelyn "I suppose is your fiance's sister. I simply can't let you become associated with that .... thing."

Evelyn's face blanched at the insult, Shon put his arm around her.


"Mother you're not welcome here. Leave. Now." Patrica said pointing towards the door.

"I'm not leaving until you agree to call off the wedding and come home where you belong."

"I won't. I love Robert and I'm going to marry him. This house may not be much but it's filled with love." Grabbing Evelyn's hand she squeezed it tightly. "Evelyn is my best friend and I love her like a sister."


"Think about your future children, they'll be stigmatized by having that as an Aunt."

"No they'll be traumatized by having you as a grandmother." Patricia hurled back at her, fighting to stand her ground. "I want you to leave or I'll have Shon arrest you."

"You wouldn't dare," her mother said not believing her daughter would dare defy her. Seeing the determination written on her face to follow through on her threat she said "I'll go but I'm not finished."


Watching her mother walk out the door, she began to shake. Wrapping her arms around herself she started to cry. Evelyn hugged her, offering what support she could. Shon watched from the window to make sure Patricia's mother left.

"Well she's gone," he announced turning towards the girls.

"She'll be back," Patricia said through her tears.

"It might be a good idea to look into puttig a restraining order on her."

"I can't, she's my mother." Patricia protested.

"I know but sometimes they're the very ones you need protection from," Shon said quietly.


Later that night as Robert was coming home from the diner. As he walked towards the house a strange woman approached him. "Robert Bennett?"

"Yeah, can I help you?" he asked swallowing a yawn.

"Call off the wedding."

"What? No," he said walking away from her.


She reached out and grabbed him. "Don't brush me off, it could be a deadly mistake."

Shaking her hand off he glared at her "I won't call off the wedding." He wondered who this crazy lady was.

"I won't let you ruin my daughters life," she spat in his face.

"It's not your choice to make. I love Patricia and if you loved her you wouldn't be trying to destroy her happiness."

"You're not the one for her."


"Says you. She obviously doesn't agree with you." he walked rapidly passed her and into the house. He locked the door behind him and glanced out the window to see her standing where he left her glaring at the house.

 
 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE SHON AND EVIE. Ok, I'm done with that lol. Seriously though, Patricia's mother has some nerve coming back like this. The one thing that her and Robert have in common are the fact that they have venomous mothers in their life. they both have to work together to fight off these poisonous people and live their life happily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore Shon and Evie together. Their story is begging me to tell it so I might just have to start a new blog to tell it. There's only so much I can tell coinciding with Roberts without it becoming their story.
      Their mothers are poisonous and hopefully Robert and Patricia can overcome this obstacle. You'll find out soon. The wedding chapter is coming up next! Patricia's mother has a reason why she doesn't want them getting married and she may live to regret what she has done. Jessica has a problem which will come out later. Be sure to read the cross over chapter part 2 (it will be coming out hopefully tomorrow) to know more.

      Delete
  2. O_O Patricia's mother is insane. LOL. Obviously she's unaccepting of aliens, and anyone who chooses to befriend aliens. Man, she's so hostile though, like barging into their house and refusing to leave, and then not telling them who she is. Who does that? LOL.
    I loved the conversation between her and Patricia though, especially that line of the kids will be stigmatized from having her mother as a grandmother, LOL. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia's mother isn't crazy she's evil. Patricia nailed it on the head having that woman as a grandmother would traumatize anyone. She's a combination of the worst traits of a lot of people all rolled into one. LOL But seriously she was trying to warn them that bad things would happen if they went through with the wedding. But she did it in such a way no one would listen to her.

      Delete